|Title:||EIS/NDT Field Technician I (MO)|
|Location:||St. Louis, MO|
Why Work for FDH?
Work with fabulous people: FDH provides a team approach to research and problem solving within each practice group. This approach provides a deeper sense of involvement and dedication. FDH has employee-driven committees that seek to engage all employees in the company’s social activities and local outreach services. Amongst the many social activities, every first Thursday, FDH hosts a Re-boot event for all employees to mingle and enjoy appetizers and drinks.
Enjoy great benefits: FDH provides a comprehensive benefits package. The single medical coverage is offered at no cost! Subsidies are also provided for other benefits plans. There is a generous retirement plan company match based on the employee’s salary after eligibility. Wellness education and activities are promoted throughout the year.
Become the next generation’s leader: FDH provides a Professional Development Program that offers tuition reimbursement, seminars, conferences, and internal training opportunities.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment used to perform tests
- Maintain equipment security and minimize loss/damage
- Perform inspection and related functions on civil infrastructure to include, but not limited to buildings, water tanks, telecommunication towers, bridges, and roadways
- Analyze results, form inspections and report results to the appropriate management personnel
- Effectively use field inspection equipment and techniques associated with, but not limited to Ground Penetrating Radar, ultrasonic equipment, Structure Scan, Parallel Seismic techniques, Dispersive Wave Propagation, Pulse/Echo Velocity, Borehole methods, shear wave methods in soil, vibration monitoring, and analysis, and other tools and equipment related to work assignments
- Exercise sound safety principles in the operation and maintenance of x-ray related equipment
- Perform non-destructive testing in accordance with company requirements
- Perform research, editing, and verification of data related to job assignments
- Maintain records of work accomplished and assists in the preparation of routine or special reports as required
- Order and maintain authorized levels of supplies necessary to accomplish job tasks
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Good analytical and computer skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good presentation and negotiating skills
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering documents (prints, specifications, manuals etc)
- Ability to work in a teamwork environment
- Must be able to lift 50 + lbs. and be comfortable working in an outdoor environment
- Ability and interest in performing work in the field
- Ability to climb towers 200+ feet
- Ability to travel extensively out of state and for extended periods of time (travel required is 95% to include weekends and overnight)
- Ability to be covered by company auto insurance plan (e.g. Good Driving Record - No DUI's or suspensions within the last 5 years and no more than 2 traffic violations (with less than 3pts. max on each violation) in the past 3 years)
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug screenings