|Title:||Structural Field Engineer (Baton Rouge, LA)|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, LA|
- Plans and mobilizes for site inspection/investigation
- Prepares drawings based upon as-built measurements and AutoCAD drawings
- Conducts on-site inspection/investigation including survey and documentation of distress, field testing, photographing, and sketching
- Attends field meetings and prepares site due diligence reports
- Setting up and using data acquisition equipment, conducting tests to exacting standards, interpreting, evaluating, and documenting results.
- Performs digital signal processing
- Organizes field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving
- Analyzes research and investigation data and develop alternate schemes for solving problems
- Completes structural analysis of concrete, masonry, and steel structural systems
- Maintains project records
- Performs tasks to support office function
- Bachelor's degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or related field.
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively out of state and for extended periods of time (travel required is over 75% to include weekends – non-negotiable)
- Ability and interest in performing work in an outdoor environment in various regions of the country with various climates.
- Previous work experience with engineering design, non-destructive testing, and/or general construction preferred, but not required.